Monday, October 14, 2013

Model Spotlight: Rikkisha McGee


This week, I would like to kick off my model spotlight. Each week, I hope to bring you a new, up and coming model! Check out the fabulous Rikkisha McGee! As the reigning Face of J'vonshay*, she breaks all stereotypes of the "typical model", being a petite 5'3". But don't let her height fool you, she is FIERCE! Check out her interview below!



What inspired you to become a model?
--- The art of the craft! The inspiration came from the creativity of photographers and artist, I enjoy being a part of the master piece from the mind of another. I love being the beauty in the canvas. Not to mention as a mother of four, I do this to show them efforts of hard work, to follow their hearts and that anything is possible.

Do you consider yourself to be a plus size model?
--- No ... I am not plus size. Petite 5'3" and 130lbs. But I will say I have been a plus size a time or two but I now maintain a healthy diet. Though it would be nice to see more full figured women in the modeling industry. I love curves and women should embrace them.

Tell me about some of the hardships you've faced in this industry.
--- This industry is damn tough! Most hardships that I face daily is sacrifices, morals, and arrogance. This industry will try to make you as they see fit. You must stay true to yourself and hold your ground & be who you are. Someone will want you for exactly who you are when the time is right.

How did you earn your crown?
--- I earned my crown through hard work, sacrifices, and determination. I went to my first modeling competition in Hollywood November of 2012 and I did NOT win. For me my prize package included: great mentors lots of encouragement and most of all, the confidence to return the next year in April to do it all again... and I won!


What do you like to do during your downtime?
--- So cliche but I enjoy early morning walks in the park. There's not many people out and gives me time to collect thoughts and gain clarity. I am also a sucker for urban literature. I enjoy authors such as: K'won, Nikki Turner, Zane, and many others.

What are some of your favorite designers?
--- Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors, Victoria's Secret, and Christian Dior.

Where do you like to shop?
--- I enjoy bargains so I love to shop the department stores such as Dillard's and Macy's and browse the clearance racks. But I must admit I love online shopping especially the fashion boutiques. It helps the small businesses and the up and coming entrepreneurs. Besides I'm not that big on name brands... If it looks good it just looks good!


What is one fashion trend you would like to see come back?
--- I'd like to see the classiness come back from the 30's and 40's. The clothing then hugged your curves and shape but also left mystery. Men as well, I love a clean cut man that is suited n booted!

What is one fashion trend that you would like to see leave and never return?
--- As usual... Spandex! There's just too much confusion on who can wear them and who can't. LOL!

If you were a super hero, what would be your main super power? 
--- If I had a superpower it would the power of pursuit! Many people give up on their dreams, and lose the desire to pursue them. As I always say "dream until the dream comes true."


By way of Las Vegas, Rikkisha loves to inspire women to follow their hearts and dream big. She attributes her success to hard work and "unforeseen opportunities" that she is truly grateful for. She encourages all women to have confidence to do anything they want, "for anything is possible"! 

Until next week...

Stay Fab! <3
SBSR
*If you would like to book Rikkisha, please use the linked Facebook page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment