Sunday, April 14, 2013

Let's Talk About Confidence

I know you're thinking, "here she goes... where's the soap box", but no, I'm not. I'm going to keep it simple.....

That's it. That's the key to true beauty. Being confident and loving who YOU are and not what people want you to be will always make you the prettiest woman in the room. No matter your size, race (although this should NEVER be a reason not to feel beautiful), or income, confidence will always steer you in the right direction!


"Well that's all find and dandy, you are trying to be a motivational speaker now, Shay?" I know, I hear you thinking that, and, well, I guess I am! If this blog can motivate you to be your best everyday, then that's exactly why I'm here!

Exactly how does one become confident? Well, let me just say that there is a FINE line between being confident and being a douchebag cocky.

When talking about confidence, it's all a matter of being secure with yourself without the need of validation. I know, that is a tall order to digest. We all love attention, whether a lot or a little. But TRULY being confident means you can feel like this on the inside:
   
and nobody has to tell you. You'll still feel that way!

Now.... being a damn fool cocky looks a little like this...

and nobody wants to look like this, right? (And let me tell you, if you aspire to act like this trainwreck chick right here, you need more than confidence. We'll leave that for another blog post, shall we?)

So what does this have to do with a fashion blog? Simple: If you have a style that makes you unique and makes you feel confident, keep it, then you can challenge the world without fear.

At the end of the day, confidence can't be taught, it like a muscle you have to work on it to make it strong. Building confidence and self esteem can change things in your life for the better because, essentially, you are living with a better outlook on things.

Lastly:
Stay Fab! <3
SBSH

No comments:

Post a Comment