Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Plus Size Spotlight: Crop Top Tips

Hey Dolls!
I've been trying to be more and more fearless this year and I must say, it's really rewarding. In that regard, I also decided to be more fearless with my wardrobe! So here I present to you some of the ways I like to wear my crop tops. Anyone, yes ANYONE can wear a crop top. It's all in how they make you feel! Shout out to The Vegas Argot for the photos!

First up, the pencil skirt set up.
This is the easiest way to rock a crop top for any size. It's high-waist and works well if you have a larger mid section. The top that you see here is over-sized and roomy, but it will show your tummy as you move your arms. This outfit is my twist on an 80s look.


Top: Rainbow
Skirt & Headband: Forever 21
Shoes: Madden Girl
Anklets: Chic Cache

Next up, we have the blazer look. This look also works with many body types. I have high-waist shorts, a simple polka-dot crop top and a black blazer. This look is great for a summer brunch or a casual happy hour. Because the crop top is tight and snug, it exposes more of your tummy; however, if you want to cover it up, throw on a blazer! I suggest one that is not lined for the hot summer days. The blazer will hide any tummy you don't want to see and a little that you do. I had fun rocking this look in the Gaslamp District in San Diego. It was perfect for the weather!


Top & Accessories: Forever 21
Shorts: Ross
Blazer: ASOS
Shoes: Madden Girl

If pencil skirts aren't your thing, you can always pair a crop top with a nice flowy skirt like this one. Its soft and flirty and easy to wear for many body types. Depending on your body type, you can go for a lower waist band to show more of your tummy.


Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Michael Kors
Accessories: Chic Cache

Lastly, here is a look with pants that I like to wear! This one is a little more daring for me, but I feel great in it! The shrug is nice to cover up, or you can be bold and just rock your crop top without it!


Top: Forever 21
Pants: Thrifted
Flower Wedges: Miss Me
Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson
Accessories: Chic Cache
Shrug: Made by me! (Blog post on my sewing journey to come)

These are just a few ways you can wear a crop top for any body type. I got carried away and bought about 10 different kinds. If you guy like this one, I may do another with the other styles! 

So what do you think of crop tops? Do you wear them now? Why or why not? Have one that you love? Tag me on Instagram with #stylesbyshayrenae and I'll feature you!

Stay Fab!
SBSR

No comments:

Post a Comment