Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Spotlight Feature: Haute Life Plus

Hey Dolls! I'm coming to you to bring you an up and coming plus size boutique! Check out Haute Life Plus! I was fortunate enough to get an interview with the owner Latoya Hooks to talk about her brand! I even got to shoot with her talented husband! Dig the scoop below!


We decided to meet on location for our interview, so I had to make sure I put my best foot forward!  

 What inspired you to open a plus size boutique?
I saw that there was a lack in trendy and Affordable clothes. Especially here in Las Vegas, so I had to do something about it!
Where do you pull inspiration from for your aesthetics?
I pull from the everyday woman. Her grace and simplicity is what inspires me.


What is one fashion trend you would like to see come back?
Well my favorite trend has already made its come back. High waist jeans, skirts, leggings. I love anything high waist!
What is one fashion trend that you would like to see leave and never return?
Mc Hammer pants. ugh!


What can we expect to see from your Summer 2014 line?
I’ll be showcasing my swim suit line with Bright, Bold, Funky colors and prints. With nice clean lines. As well as fun summer dresses.
Where do you see the plus size community in the next 5 years?
Wow!  I Feel as if we are already taking over. But I see us diminishing all stereotypes and barriers.


What do you like to do in your downtime?
I absolutely love the movies. Any chance I get I’m there, Oh and I love shopping and cooking. Cooking and entertaining friends and family gives me JOY!
What are some of your favorite designers?
Plus designers Monif C., Jibri and Nakimuli.


Where do you like to shop?
At Haute Life Plus. LOL, But really I love shopping online. Gstage, and Forever21 are my two faves.
If you were a super hero, what would be your main super power?
I would have super natural strength, not just a physical strength, but a mental and emotional strength  that could transfer to those who may be weaker and in need of a boost! Corny I know, but I hate to see people hurting.


What impression do you hope to leave on the Plus Size community?
 I hope to leave self love, self respect, self worth, and self appreciation.  I hope that every lady young or old, loves them selves. And know that you can look and feel absolutely fabulous without spending your rent check! Have confidence because someone loves you. Keep Living, loving and learning.


During the interview, Latoya was actually in the middle of a photo shoot and asked me to join in! Y'all know I love a chance to get some pictures taken!

Dress and Earrings: Forever 21
Headpiece: Amazon
Rings: Claire's

I even got to play around with my own camera and got this goregeous shot of my best friend who was also part of the shoot. Styled by me of course! She did her own hair and makeup.


 If you would like to check out Haute Life Plus, be sure to check out their Facebook Page!

Stay Fab! <3
SBSR

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for showcasing this vendor. Love the jumper.

    ReplyDelete