Thursday, May 22, 2014

Model Spolight: Temptation

Hey guys! I'm here with another spotlight on an AWESOME model! Check her out!



 What inspired you to become a model? 
Although some may think that my drive came from wanting to look pretty in front of a camera, or to become famous, that is far from the truth. I at one point and time wasn't as confident as I am now. I didn't love myself like I should and was suffering from a really bad eating disorder. One day, I decided to change my way of thinking. I decided that every morning I was going to wake up, look in the mirror and tell myself "I am beautiful and I am worth it." I did this every single day and as I recovered I decided I needed to do something for all of the other girls and women suffering like I was. So, this is what I decided. I strive everyday to show women through my work that they are beautiful regardless of their size, shape or whatever it may be. I try to influence them to look at themselves differently and not fall into society's way of thinking.

Tell me about some of the hardships you've faced in this industry. 
Through my journey as a plus size model, I've faced a few hard situations. I find that in some people's eyes I'm always either too big or too small to be a plus size model, I find that I'm either too tattooed or not tattooed enough making it kind of hard to find work sometimes. But, I think the hardest to overcome was the hate mail that I started to receive. At first, it made me kind of upset and hurt my feelings but, after the first 20 or so, I decided that they really don't matter. Now, I just read the first few sentences then delete it and smile!! LOL



What do you like to do in your downtime?  
I am a huge family person. When I have downtime, or a day off I love to spend time with my son, family and my girlfriend. If I'm not doing that, I also love to write!! I mostly write spoken word poetry but it just depends on my mood and what I'm feeling at the moment.

What are some of your favorite designers? 
Ohhhh where do I begin!!! haha. I am obsessed with local designer Haute Life Plus, I also love Domino Dollhouse,  Chubby Cartwheels, City Chic.. The list could go on and on!!

Where do you like to shop? 
I loveeee Torrid and Forever 21 Plus but I also do a lot of online shopping!


What is one fashion trend you would like to see come back? 
Honestly, I don't really keep up with 'fashion' now days. I kind of just have my own style, my own way of dressing myself. I just go with what I like, not what everyone else is really into at the moment.

What is one that you would like to see leave and never return? 
Oh my goodness, that's easy.. CROCS!! I loathe them. haha



If you were a super hero, what would be our main super power? 
I would want to have the power to read people's minds. Not just read them, but to change them. I would want to be able to stop the negative thoughts they have about themselves into positive thoughts of self love. 


Explain your name. What made you decide to go by Temptation?
The name temptation came from the years I spent trying to find my way. Always being tempted to be brave like the big, bold, beautiful, confident women that I so badly wanted to be like. I was tempted by them to toy with the idea of loving myself. I was tempted to stand up for myself, tempted to stand above the disgust I felt with myself. And now, that I've risen above and love the beautiful, confident person that I am I want to be other women's temptation. I want to tempt them to be bold and brave!  


Where do you see the plus size community in the next 5 years? 
I see us making more big moves in the way of acceptance and self love. I have no doubt that the body positive movement will take over and we can continue to help abolish eating disorders and continue to build each other up!

What impression do you hope to leave on the Plus Size community?  
The belief that every and anything is possible. Self love, body acceptance and positive ways of thinking are all things we have the power to obtain.


 I, for one, love what she stands for and where she's going! Her story is awesome and inspiring. I can't wait to see the things she'll do in the future! If you would like to follow Temptation be sure to check out her Facebook Page!



So what do you think? Wanna be my next model spotlight? Shoot me an email and let me know!


Stay Fab! <3
SBSR

2 comments:

  1. Good job Jessica! I was really able to get to know you better! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Super happy for You Jessica, if you see this I'm trying to reach you. I think I want to come see the family!
    alwayz love...
    -TJ
    PS: I'm proud of you

    ReplyDelete