Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Model Spotlight: Ebony Rae

Hey Dolls!

My newest model feature is a hot one! Ebony Rae is an up and coming model that has been making real headway recently! Check her out!




What inspired you to become a model?
I've been overweight all of my life. When I was a child growing up I always thought I could never be ANYTHING because of my size. I hated myself and my body. One morning I woke up, took a hard look at myself and said, "THIS IS ME...NO ONE WILL ACCEPT ME UNLESS I ACCEPT MYSELF FIRST". I have this new found confidence that I want to share with THE WORLD, letting women that once had the same mindset as me know that they are all beautiful, no matter what size.



What do you like to do in your downtime?
I absolutely love to shop! Other than that I'm really a home body, when I'm at home I love to do cosmetic research. I like to find new ways to keep my skin clear, look up new nail polishes and hair do's, things like that! Oh, and online shopping of course!

Have you thought about starting a YouTube channel for your beauty finds and tips?
I actually did start one with makeup and hair tutorials, also outfits of the day. I fell off though but I've been considering starting up again!

What is one fashion trend you would like to see come back?
Funny! I've never been the type to keep up with fashion trends

What is one fashion trend that you would like to see leave and never return?
OMG the plastic beads and shoe strings in the hair!!! Fashion no-no.


What are some of your favorite designers?
I absolutely LOVE Purple Diva Designs by Angela Rene'. Everything she designs is just so chic, elegant, classy, & so very sexy!! I also love Dama Talya, and Monif C. These designers definitely keeps each plus woman in mind and it shows in all of their designs.

Where do you like to shop?
 Plussizefix.com, Iheartposhshoppe.com, Forever 21, Rainbow, and Image. All very young and trendy stores for the plus size woman.


If you were a super hero, what would be your main super power?
This is a good question, hmm. My main super power would be to boost everyone's confidence in the people that has low self esteem. I'll sprinkle them with confi-dust!!! My super hero name will be Ebony the ConfiQueen!!!! Hahaha



Tell me about some of the hardships you've faced in this industry.
The biggest hardship that I have faced and will always face is my height, I am a petite 5'4. Most people ask that models are 5'7 and up without heels. When I try on a designers dress and its too long even with heels on, its just a reminder of how short I am! But all I can do is keep smiling and move on.

What impression do you hope to leave on the Plus Size community?
I just want someone to look at me in a magazine or on a runway and want them to say "Her story touched me, she made it, and she inspired me to follow my dreams"


What do you love about being a plus size model?
EVERYTHING! I love networking, meeting new people and traveling.I love learning about new fashions and flaunting them down the runway, and most of all I love sharing my story about how hard it was growing up, and being a positive role model all over the world.


Where do you see the plus size community in the next 5 years?
I see it taking over the fashion industry PERIOD! Just the other day I found out that Wet Seal now has a plus size section, the same store that I would walk past for YEARS just because it broke my heart every time to know that they didn't have clothes my size. Now knowing that more straight sized stores are adding plus sections just means that the plus community will break down more barriers in the coming years!

With all of your recent shows, what do you love most about the runway?
Everything is such an adrenalin rush. From the commotion back stage to being fierce down a runway where there are tons of spectators watching. Being able to walk for amazing designers and being able to flaunt plus size sexy, I just love it!

What's next for you?
I'm definitely planning on branching out to acting and commercials. I've been thinking about pageants too. So I have a few tricks up my sleeve and a lot of things in store for 2015!
Ebony Rae has been all over the place ripping the runway lately!  She's even been featured on Plus Model Mag's IG! I can't wait to see what she'll do next! 

If you would like to see more of Ebony Rae, check out her Facebook Page and IG! If you are a model who would like to be featured, be sure to contact me!

Until next time, Dolls!

Stay Fab! <3
SBSR

No comments:

Post a Comment